The Digital Champions Network at the heart of One Digital
One Digital – delivering sustainable digital skills across the UK
Our Digital Champions Network is currently the centrepiece of a national digital skills programme called One Digital. To date the Network has helped to train and support more than 900 One Digital Champions across the UK.
One Digital is a response to the changing and changed digital skills environment. Launched in January 2016 with investment by the Big Lottery Fund it is a unique collaboration between six diverse and distinct organisations – SCVO, Age UK, Citizens Online, Digital Unite, Affinity Sutton and AbilityNet.
Each organisation is delivering a specific project within the One Digital wrapper but all Partner projects use consistently trained and supported Digital Champions as the golden thread.
Successfully supporting a nationwide digital skills partnership
Throughout One Digital the Digital Champions Network has successfully:
- Trained and support more than 900 Digital Champions
- Awarded more than 1300 digital badges and certificates
- Gathered and recorded data from over 5,200 learner support sessions
- Recorded the teaching of over 10,100 basic digital skills
- Created seven new online courses specific to sector needs
- Developed bespoke portal ‘gateways’ for each partner project to align and engage every Champion in the Network
“We really enjoyed working with Digital Unite, seeing the material we provided being turned into a storyboard - that was great.” Age UK
9 out of 10 would recommend the Digital Champion training
An independent evaluation for One Digital conducted in 2016 showed that:
- 9 out of 10 would recommend the Digital Champion training courses
- Three quarters of Champions said the training was relevant to their need
- Two thirds of Champions said the training increased their knowledge
- 1 in 2 said the training increased their confidence
“I have to say the DCN has been an absolute godsend in helping me prepare my iPad session”.
“The advice and guidance in the DCN was really good and I have not seen that kind of help anywhere else”