Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation application developed by Microsoft and is part of the Office suite of applications.
- When designing a PowerPoint presentation, it will comprise of a number of individual ‘slides’. They are called slides because when the presentation is run, it is similar to a slide projection presentation.
- Slides can contain text, graphics, sound, movies and other types of information.
- Each presentation can be displayed on the computer to an audience and each slide can be set to move on in different ways:- either automatically after a set period of time, or manually by the presenter e.g. by clicking the mouse.
- Custom animations can also be set up for text on a slide, for example so that text can fade in, fade out, move or flash
- Custom animations can also be set up for pictures on slides in a similar way.
- PowerPoint can be a good way of showing information to a group of people as it can give structure to the presentation, make the subject more interesting and allow photos, videos etc to be used in the presentation.
Find out more about PowerPoint by watching this Microsoft Video.
Last updated 29th May 2019