The Galaxy Tab is a tablet computer made by Samsung that has similarities to other popular touchscreen tablet computers such as the iPad or Amazon Kindle Fire.
Key features and benefits of the Samsung Galaxy Tab
- The Galaxy Tab runs on an Android operating system and was first launched in 2010. Since then several models have been released, including models with 7.7, 8.9 and 10.1 inch displays and varying levels of processing power at numerous price points.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab models range from the top-end Tab S (10.1 inch) to the budget Tab A, available with a 7, 8 or 10.5 inch screen.
- As with many tablet computer ranges, the Tabs have become lighter but more powerful with each version released.
- As with other tablet computers, the Galaxy Tab runs ‘apps’ (applications) and users can download more apps from the Google Play app store.
- A nice feature of the Galaxy Tab is the ‘ReadersHub’ which is a little like an online library and gives access to millions of magazine, book and newspaper titles in many different languages. As with popular eReaders, the Tab offers zoom, font enlargement and even virtual bookmarks.
- Samsung also offers the Galaxy Note which straddles the line between smartphones and tablets and comes with a stylus pen.
- Read more: - in this guide from Which? https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/tablets/article/which-samsung-galaxy-tablet-should-i-buy