Amazon is a popular online shopping website where you can buy a wide range of new and second-hand items, from books and music to computers and cars.
Amazon’s key benefits and features
- You must register to buy on Amazon but this process is free.
- The prices of goods are often lower than in high street stores, and the cost of delivery can be kept low or is free depending on the service you choose.
- You can save items you like to a 'wish list' so that you can buy them later.
- Amazon remembers your previous purchases and wish lists, and recommends other items specific to your interests.
- You can download electronic books (e-books) or music on to your Kindle or smartphone.
- If you create a public profile, you can share your wish lists and reviews with others.
- You can also sell on Amazon, but fees apply and it is predominately used by small or large businesses.