During school closures, long holidays or periods of illness it can be hard as a parent to find the inspiration to keep the kids entertained and learning at home. Here is a list of some of the best online resources we've found.
Recommended websites by topic:
This great list from Chatterpack gives a comprehensive list of home learning resources for teachers, children and parents.
The Children's University has activities covering arts & crafts, science & technology, sports, languages and also printable worksheets to use when visiting attractions such as Sealife Centres, Zoos, Forestry Commission woods and Legoland.
General home learning
- Home Education UK resource list www.home-education.org.uk/resources-educational.htm
- Wolfram Alpha www.wolframalpha.com/
- BBC Bitesized www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- BrainPOP www.brainpop.com/
- Oxford Owl https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Teach your monster to read www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
- Summer Reading Challenge https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
Science and nature
- National Geographic Kids www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- Science Museum games and apps www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/games-and-apps
- Virtual Tours of London Zoo https://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/virtual-london-zoo
Arts and craft
- change4Life 10 minute shake up games www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups
- Kids home workouts with the Body Coach
- Typing games www.kidztype.com/browse-typing-games.html
- Scratch coding for kids https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Online coding apps and websites for kids https://childhood101.com/coding-for-kids/
Last updated 14th July 2022