eBay is one of the most popular ways to buy and sell goods and services on the internet. It's a website where individuals and businesses can buy or sell new or second-hand items, from books and clothes to cars and holidays.
eBay’s key benefits and features
- Using eBay is a good way to make a bit of money from clearing out your cupboards and getting rid of things you don’t need any more.
- To buy or sell on eBay, you must register, but this process is free.
- eBay gives you a choice when purchasing – to ‘Buy it now’ at a price displayed or to bid for the item in an online auction.
- You can check the reliability of a seller by reading feedback from previous customers.
- If you’re a bargain hunter, try the ‘Daily Deals’ and ‘Fashion Outlet’ pages for discounted goods.
- Be warned: as a seller, eBay will charge you a fee, and as a buyer, look out for postage and packaging costs that might be added on top.