During school closures, long holidays or periods of illness it can be hard as a parent to find the inspiration to keep the kids entertained and learning at home. Here is a list of some of the best online resources we've found.
Coronavirus information! During the spring of 2020 a large number of countries have closed their schools, which will have a massive impact on families. This article by Citizens Advice provides guidance on your rights if you have to take time off work because of the coronavirus. Also useful is this article from the BBC provides advice on how to help your kids cope with life without school.
Recommended websites by topic:
This great list from Chatterpack gives a comprehensive list of home learning resources for teachers, children and parents.
General home learning
- Home Education UK resource list www.home-education.org.uk/resources-educational.htm
- Wolfram Alpha www.wolframalpha.com/
- BBC Bitesized www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- BrainPOP www.brainpop.com/
Science and nature
- National Geographic Kids www.natgeokids.com/uk/
- Science Museum games and apps www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/games-and-apps
Arts and craft
- change4Life 10 minute shake up games www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups
- Kids home workouts with the Body Coach
- Typing games www.kidztype.com/browse-typing-games.html
- Scratch coding for kids https://scratch.mit.edu/
Last updated 20th March 2020