You can access your GP's online services directly through the NHS App, but if preferred you can also register to use your GP's own online services. These online services vary depending on the surgery, but can include:
- Booking, checking or cancelling appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professionals
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Viewing parts of your medical records, including details about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- Accessing communications between your GP surgery and other services, e.g. hospitals.
To find out which of these services your GP offers, check their website or visit NHS's Search Service to find out which providers are available to you.
You may also find these guides useful:
NHS guide to GP Online Services
The NHS's easy to read guides to GP online services
Registering for GP services online
To register for your GP's online services, you will need to:
- Tell your surgery that you want to sign up for their online services. You may be able to do this over the phone or you may have to go to your surgery in person. If they require you to go to your surgery, take a form of photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence, and proof of address, such as a utility bill.
- Fill in the registration form they provide you with.
They will then give you your registration details and instructions on how to log in.